Last update: May 1, 2019
We reserve the right to modify this policy from time to time. We recommend You visit this Policy to review any changes in Our practices. We will note on this Policy when the last update has occurred.
Our Services enable Clients (“Clients“) to find and interact with Team Members (“Team Members“). Team Members provide communications and live, online, in-person, and recorded lessons (“Courses“), tutoring, and mentoring via Our Services.
What Information is Collected?
We may collect personal information from You through our Services, or through any other digital or personal communication with You. Information collected by Ilumina Tech is voluntarily provided by You, and the information We collect is described below. In the event You are a registered member with Us, We may collect additional information on whether You have current accounts with third parties and We may share certain information, as described in this Policy, with those third parties as specified by You. Our Platform may also collect general information about Your technology interface or preferences (such as the type of browser used or the files requested).
The information We may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Your contact information to set up a Ilumina Tech account, such as Your first name, last name, phone number, current email address and other account settings;
- Preferences Your set up regarding Your Ilumina Tech account;
- Your username and password used to establish Your Ilumina Tech profile; and
- If We offer alternative sign ins, We may collect certain sign on information You have provided to third parties, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, when You sign in to the Services through these third parties.
Technical, Aggregated or Computer File Information
- Information regarding Your browser and other technical specifications required to use Our Services;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by Your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow Our server to “recognize” You through the navigation of the Site and for Us to credit Your account for various online transactions;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow Our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
- Your IP address to measure Our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on Your computer’s hard drive. Once You agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets You know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to You as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to Your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about Your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps Us analyze data about web page traffic and improve Our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the Platform.
A cookie in no way gives Us access to your computer or any information about You, other than the data you choose to share with Us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but You can usually modify Your browser setting to decline cookies if You prefer. This may prevent You from taking full advantage of the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about You in order to provide You with services and products and also collect information that is necessary for Our Platform to work properly. We use personal information about Our users for a variety of purposes related to Our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing You to create and maintain Your user account and profile;
- Tracking information about Your use of Our Services to allow Us to provide better service;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services We are offering;
- Providing You information regarding promotions;
- Contacting You regarding an inquiry on Our Services that You have initiated;
- Providing information about Your usage or preferences to Our third party vendors and providers; and
We may provide user information to third party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on Our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of Our Services and Platform, development of online products and services or customer service or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to Our users. Other than information You have opted to share, We will not share Your information with third parties to directly market their products to You. We may share this information with any subsidiaries, licensees, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share Your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims or as otherwise required by law.
How is User Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, physical and technical safeguards for all user information collected in Our Platform. We will utilize industry standards and commercially available technology to protect Your information and data maintained in the Platform.
You are responsible for maintaining the privacy of Your password and other account information, and for controlling access to Your email communication from Us and access to Your Ilumina Tech account. You must log off of sessions on Our Application and employ safety mechanisms provided by Your mobile device to ensure protection of Your account.
How long do We keep Your personal information?
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While We work hard to use and disclose Our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, You can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by Us as follows:
- You may have Your contact information removed from Our marketing lists that are used to inform users of new or relevant products, services and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from Us.
- You may change information in Your user profile by accessing Your personal information through the Application or, if available, logging into your account through Our Site and changing Your user preferences.
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” from Your Site usage through Your browser settings.
If You become a registered user of our Platform, there are certain communications, such as account information and user agreement updates, that You may not be able to “opt out” of. To no longer receive these communications, You must deactivate your account as described below.
How Can I Edit or Deactivate My Account Information?
You may edit Your account information at any time by signing in to Your account and navigating to the settings screen. Removing the Application icon from Your mobile device will not deactivate Your account. You may deactivate Your account by contacting Us using the contact information provided at the end of this document. Once you deactivate your account, You will no longer benefit from Ilumina Tech Services.
If You are a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to You:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), We are a ‘data controller’ of Your personal information.
- You are also entitled to ask Us to port Your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to You), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on Our legitimate interests, such as profiling that We perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where We have asked for Your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, We can demonstrate that We have a legal requirement to process Your personal information. In some instances, this means that We may retain some data even if you withdraw Your consent.
- Where We require Your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then We will not be able to manage Our contractual relationship with You, or to meet obligations placed on Us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If You have unresolved concerns You also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of Your habitual residence; (ii) of Your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
- To make any of the requests above, please contact Us using the information provided below.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of Our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding Our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Us using the information provided below.
Ilumina Tech, Inc.